CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Boarding school.


My mom wants to send me to an all-girls boarding school in Ireland. She thinks it's a good idea since I want to study law there. But isn't boarding school a bit extreme? Allot of weird things happen there, the kind of things that after you graduated from boarding school no one talks about. They just erase it from there minds.....and then they send there own children to boarding school.

I just don't get why you would think of putting so many people of the same sex in one building with no connection with the opposite sex. 
OK i can understand the main thought: If I send my daughter to boarding school she won't go boy crazy and will get married a virgin or something along those lines. There's just a little problem with all this...

The fact that the only reason girls don't go all out on there bitchiness is because there are guys around! Do you know how mean girls actually are and if your not mean you won't make it in the all-girls boarding school world.

I'd probably get kicked out on the first day because I got into a huge fight, I know myself and the only reason that I'm not a complete and utter bitch is because there are guys around. Guys save the world from being a very very mean little place full of cat fights.
So please anybody that wants to or has sent there kids to boarding school get them away from there as soon as possible. Boarding school is not the kind of place you want to grow up in.
No parental love, Full of mean pranks and comments and I really don't want to know what happens behind locked doors.

And the thing I fear most is all-guys boarding schools, that's gotta be bad.....boarding schools are good for nothing and no one they just mess your children up. They truly do, unless the kid is strong and if he or she is they'll probably mess the smaller ones up.

Conclusion: Boarding school sucks!

XOXO Danny

5 comments:

HektikLyfe said...

I have always been intrigued by the idea of boarding school. I know life in boarding school isn't quite like Harry Potter but that is what I immediately think of when I hear about it.

I went through a co-ed public school system here in the U.S. and it wasn't all peachy-keen like you're making it sound. Sure there were girls and boys but there were also out of control hormones.

The boys like to fight over girls. The girls get pregnant and drop out of school. The boys bring guns and knives into schools and stalk you on your walk home.

The school administration does not care what happens to you beyond the gates so if you get stabbed or beat up they would just call the police and get you both arrested.

I wasn't an especially studious individual during my High School years but I did care that I graduated. Most everyone else used school as a form of day care. The parents don't want them at home so they force them to attend.

So when I imagine boarding school I CAN imagine trauma's. Psychological abuses and dorm room issues.

I can also imagine smaller classes with a much better student - teacher ratio which would DRAMATICALLY help in grasping the lesson's instructions.

I can also imagine many great connections that come from an education at a famous school.

Later in life when you are searching for the right job this will come in handy. Before you think about dismissing "later in life" just think of it this way, by the time you are done with your education you have only experienced a petty 1/3rd of your entire life.

Your High School and College years will become a thing of the past and your troubles will seem minuscule in the face of the responsibilities you will manage as an adult.

Stay strong, these hard years will only serve to create a strong base for your future.

Ayanna said...

See but there's another sollution, private school. you go home afterwards, and there's an option to have classes with only girls or co-ed. But private school has the same privileges that boarding school has. And the safety of being able to sleep in your own bed, at home =)

HektikLyfe said...

Yes I see there are many different options but they each have their advantages.

Boarding school keeps the boy distraction to a minimum. Boarding schools also get you used to the idea of living independently. Future employers are aware of this and it may reflect in their decision to hire you. Boarding schools shut you in a very studious environment where you can concentrate on adapting to rules and finishing all the work you have to do.

Private schools are much more liberal and you are more apt to be distracted by the things many younger people fail to understand may damage them for the rest of their lives.

Its a tough choice but I can see positives in both.

Whatever happens to you, make the most out of it.

Anonymous said...

There are so many boarding school for boys that give quality education to the students. In boarding schools students stays in hostels and get very good facilities. These schools work for physical and mental development of students.

http://www.teensprivateschools.com/schooltypes/Boys-Schools/index.html

Anonymous said...

If both parents are working then the Day boarding private schools are the best option to their kids. These schools give quality education with the facility of day boarding. During the day students learn in the schools and in night get love and affection of their parents. So these schools are the best to the kids.

http://www.teensprivateschools.com/schooltypes/Day-Boarding/index.html